Thursday, January 1, 2009

Consecration



.....Did you ever consider one of your New Year's resolutions to be consecrating yourself unto God? Consecration means - to set oneself apart, as Holy; make or declare sacred for God's use. To devote entirely or dedicate one's life.


.....The Bible says in Exodus 13:2 "Consecrate to Me all the firstborn." We are the firstborn among the born-again. God is claiming those He saves. We see this in 1 Corinthians 1:30, "But of Him you are in Christ, who became for us Wisdom from God - and Righteousness and Sanctification and Redemption. Through this we have four characteristics:


1. Sanctification in His Resurrection.


2. Redemption - (Ransom), Mark 10:45.


3. The firstborn belonging to God, Exodus 22:29.


4. Made Holy, Numbers 3:13.


.....In 1 Chronicles 29:5, the Bible asks, "Who then is willing to consecrate himself this day unto the Lord?"


.....God says in 1 Kings 9:3, that He will hear our prayer and supplication that we make before Him. He will also consecrate the house, (us, the dwelling place for Him), by putting His name their forever. He also says His eyes and His heart will be there perpetually, (lasting and enduring forever, continuing indefinitely without interruption). Never leaving us, nor for forsaking us. I invite you right now at this moment to pray the prayer below and dedicate your life to God. May He richly bless you in all areas of your life throughout this year.


Lord,
.....I pray the prayer of consecration. I present myself - spirit, soul, and body, whatever needs to be changed, I am ready to change it. Whatever needs to be made right, please help me to make it right. I come with a humble heart before You, God. Without You, I am nothing. I am placing my total dependency on You, not in my own ability, but in Your ability. I also ask You for forgiveness when I miss it.


.....Father, as I yield myself to You this day - spirit, soul, and body, I do not belong to myself. I belong to You, Lord, the day that I surrendered my life, I was bought with was a price, YOUR BLOOD. I am not my own, my life is not my own to do what I want. I am here to do Your plan, I am here to do Your Will my Lord. I will put my life on the altar at Your feet this day as a LIVING SACRIFICE. I yield to You in every area of my life; my heart, my family, my ministry, my job, my finances, every area - I give it all to You. Have Your way in my life Lord. I make a decision this day, and will try to obey You and do only what You want me to do. I commit to obeying the written Word and applying it to every area of my life. Forgive me Lord, for the many times I have not obeyed and for the times I have transgressed Your Word. I strive to make the adjustments in my life right now.


.....Lord, about Your unknown Will for my life, forgive me for running ahead of You, for all my good ideas and not Your ideas. Please allow the Holy Spirit to burn out everything that is not of Your Spirit and every desire that is not of You - REMOVE IT! Form me and fashion me into the vessel that You've created, desired, and called me to be. Lord, I want to please You by being obedient unto Your Plans, Your Purposes, and Your Will - THY WILL BE DONE ALWAYS. May my life bring glory to You. It doesn't matter if my friends don't even recognize me. It doesn't matter if they accept me, for You have accepted me and all I want is to manifest You, Lord, in every area of my life. Use my mouth to be Your mouth, trumpeting the Gospel of Jesus, to talk of your Wondrous Work, You're Finished Work, and Amazing Love. Use my feet to walk in Your ways, I choose to be a bond slave, a sevant, and a son in your Kingdom.


.....I Love You and Thank You Jesus for dying for me and as me. Thank You for shedding Your Blood to redeem me - Your Blood that is washing me now and making me whiter than snow, in my spirit, soul, and body. May the Holy Spirit burn deep within my heart, and that Your imprint is forever left. My wish is to be known only as a Holy person, consecrated unto You. Separate me and set me apart for your good use. For I have been made the Righteousness of God in Jesus Christ.


Thank You Father, In Jesus' Name I Pray,
Amen

.

No comments:

Freedom In Christ Ministries

.................THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR SITE!
Custom Search

Yedda widget

Place Your Add Here